Edmonton, AB, Canada
Development - Land & House Building Operations
You are a builder. You like to get your hands dirty, direct the action, be the hub of communication and be able to stand back and feel proud of what you are building. You want to work with construction professionals who build quality residential projects, safely, with both the community and the homeowners best interests in mind.
- Deliver on company values such as Teamwork, Results and Passion
- Ensure momentum on the project is created and sustained
- Know how to drive results even when the chips are down
- Communicate priorities with conviction and candor
- Embrace the Anthem Way
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for all on-site construction activities
- Maintain constant communications with senior management, consultants, inspectors and all applicable officials related to the ongoing construction of the project
- Ensure all work is performed by contractors and suppliers to contract documents (including drawings, specifications and contract scopes of work)
- Review all project plans, specifications, applicable documentation and report any omissions or discrepancies directly to the Construction Manager
- Review and maintain the construction schedule and ensure that all contractors and suppliers comply with the critical dates they are required to meet
- Take full responsibility to ensure that all Municipal inspections, professional inspections, occupancy permits and possession dates have been achieved to the satisfaction of the construction manager
- Assume direct responsibility to ensure the quality of construction, products and finishing are at the level acceptable to Anthem
- Enforce and monitor the Occupational Health & Safety Act and WCB Alberta regulations to ensure a safe jobsite
- Understand thoroughly APG Construction Health and Safety Plan and execute its requirements
- Respond to emergencies on the site in the off hours
- Proven experience leading and directing all field personnel
- A thorough understanding of the entire construction process - preferable with exposure to both wood frame and concrete projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to get things done
Anthem is a real estate development, investment and management company that strives, solves and evolves to create better spaces and stronger communities. We are Growing Places.
We work hard. We work smart. We work in teams. We challenge the status quo and have fun doing it. We believe in developing our people to maximize their potential. Conversations are candid, conflict is swiftly resolved and coaching is continuous.
Founded in 1991, Anthem is a team of 500 people driven by creativity, passion and direct communication. Anthem has invested in, developed or managed – alone or in partnership – more than 320 residential, commercial and retail projects across western North America. Our growing residential portfolio includes 20,500 homes that are complete, in design or under construction, from master planned mixed use residential and multifamily, to townhome, rental and single family communities. We own, co-own, manage or have previously owned over 9 million square feet of retail, industrial and office space. We have developed more than 60 communities across 8,500 acres of land in Alberta, British Columbia and California.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies. View our Policy on Unsolicited Resumes on our website.