Vancouver, BC, Canada
Development - Vertical
Dive into a full pipeline of low-rise residential projects. You will pick up the ball and sprint with it! As a Senior Development Manager you will be counted on to juggle many projects, each unique, but all of the highest quality.
- Communicate openly and ethically
- Do what it takes to get the best work done
- Are passionate about real estate and building relationships
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Cultivate and maintain your existing relationships with industry consultants and municipal planning staff
- Know the approval process inside and out
- Embrace the principles of good design and excellence in every aspect of development
- Define schedule and budget for each project as a member of the project team
- Act as Anthem’s Representative in contracting with the various consulting firms on all issues related to planning, design, environmental, legal and municipal
- Take projects through the approvals process and obtaining all necessary permits
- Deliver work on budget and on time
- Ensure decisions are made in a timely manner with input from the development team
- Complete due diligence required for projects
- Work as part of the overall development/sales & marketing/construction team, maintaining communications with the team at all stages
- Travel as required to “kick the dirt” to know your projects
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing the planning, design, approval and construction phases, ideally building townhomes and four to six storey built forms (including mixed-use)
- A university or college degree, or training in planning, architecture, engineering, or a related field (preferred)
- Proven success managing Development within the Commercial and Retail sectors
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, and especially Excel. Previous experience using MS Project and AutoCAD will be considered an asset
- Great, diverse, authentic people!
- Unlimited career growth opportunities
- Mentorship from the ‘best in the biz’
- Corporate Giving Strategy supporting community development
- Annual salary reviews and performance bonuses
- 100% employer paid Benefit Plan with Healthcare Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- ‘Dress for your day’ policy… and more!
Anthem is a real estate development, investment and management company that strives, solves and evolves to create better spaces and stronger communities. We are Growing Places.
We work hard. We work smart. We work in teams. We challenge the status quo and have fun doing it. We believe in developing our people to maximize their potential. Conversations are candid, conflict is swiftly resolved, and coaching is continuous.
Founded in 1991, Anthem is a team of 500 people driven by creativity, passion and direct communication. Anthem has invested in, developed or managed – alone or in partnership – more than 320 residential, commercial and retail projects across western North America. Our growing residential portfolio includes 20,500 homes that are complete, in design or under construction, from master planned mixed use residential and multifamily, to townhome, rental and single-family communities. We own, co-own, manage or have previously owned over 9 million square feet of retail, industrial and office space. We have developed more than 60 communities across 8,500 acres of land in Alberta, British Columbia and California.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies. View our Policy on Unsolicited Resumes on our website.